Thursday, September 15, 2005

In this moment
I feel as though
that I am a top
spinning unknown
of where it shall
come to it's end
I am up the slope
and down the hill
around pot holes
and into cracks

My new paint
when I was bought
was clean
free of chips
now from the traps
no, no, not traps
but the uneven ground
I am chipped
less than new
but not quite old

I still spin
from the day
I was set
and the string
was strongly pulled
I have on point
spun and dodged
what the world
has lie around me

A crack
I fell into
the daring of the ledge
was much to great
I fell hard
into the crack
a wood chunk flew
from my lower half
but I kept spinning
running the length
of the crack

Deep as it may be
it will end
and I shall
keep spinning
and when I stop
it will be by
Newton's Laws
or Darwin's
whatever you choose
my end
will not be
at my own hands

No comments: