Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I am kinda pleasantly suprised with myself. I wrote all three of these. In under 10 minutes...
--------------------------------
I love how aspired
To all that I thought I wanted
But I found you
And found that maybe
Just maybe I didn’t want
Anything to do with anything
But you
I am willing to give up my city
My home with my brothers
My place my choir
My teachers and mentors
Just so I can be with you
The one I believe myself
To be in love
But I cant say with
Because you are not in love
With me
But you have said
That you could have loved me
Had you let yourself
But to deny yourself
Such a feeling seems impossible
To me
Maybe you are the master
Of your emotions
But you are the first and the last
The soul survivor of a race long gone
Isn’t it ironic that I love the only one
Never to have anyone
To come close to you
For myself to not have you
And long for you
And only you
And no one can compare
Nor do I want them to
--------------------------------------------
If I were to go to you
To pick up my life
Or to leave it here
It wouldn’t matter to me
For I am in love with you
And love is something
To be listened to
To be reckoned with
It can provide all you wish
A serene place
Or can cause chaos
To rattle the bars
Of a quieted cage
Only to wake
The beast within
That we forgot existed
But the beast
Is not bad
Nor good
But a beast
To be learned from
To be admired
-------------------------------
Why do people ignore love
When all around us
Is love
A force beyond comprehension
That has provided for
The best music we have ever heard
The most beautiful paintings
And the most amazing place
To live
To prosper
Love bore us
To live and
To love
Why deny our creator

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, Love...so beautiful, yet so dark and difficult at the same time. But that is the beauty of life. Gorgeous poetry, Alex.

Alyssa Ericson said...

Hey darling. We will get coffee sometime. Things will be okay. I love you :)