Tuesday, July 05, 2011

i want to say i love you
but i don't seem to know
to formulate the words
once again
so that you may understand

i want to tell you i am better than them
but i know what that would sound like to
ears other than my mind's

i want to tell you to give me your time
only to me
but i know what that request would be
and what it could mean

i love you so much i doubt myself
i doubt my life
i doubt it's worth

i believe i know one thing
in this life
i have known love
better than any one thing

not even despair
can account to the quantity and quality of love
that i have seen
because
despair cannot see beyond its means
the love in my life has been built up so high
it covers the sun
as it covers the world
in a blanket
of perpetual rose

no glasses necessary

try me on for size
for once







the things i want to say
i cannot seem to form
the things i do say
seem beyond topical

all i want to do is love
and die happy

No comments: