Monday, February 14, 2011

give me somebody to sing for
give me somebody to show
let me wake up in the morning to find
i have somewhere exciting to go
give me the music
give me the chance to come through
all i ever needed
was the music and the piano
and the chance to sing for you

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

empty out my little head
as empty as my bright red bed
pour from me the stirring thoughts
and all the things i wish i'd forgot
give me to a bit of rest
so i may wake and find i'm blessed
remembering the love i've known
and seeing how i've grown

i will not ask for
the things i do not need
for in the moments
we plant a seed
germ and bud and leaf push out
searching for the sun above
to the sun in roundabout
with the rain it grows in love

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

look back at moments
and tell me
are you happy
do you want to change anything
cut or paste

would you trade it
for the world

tell me your first kiss
tell me how you became an adult
tell me who mattered most

we tend to grow forward
i hope
and i fear that we do not look back
in the moments we can

try not to regret a decision
being happy isn't a lie
its a state of mind
that you have control of
be thankful for what you have
cherish the littlest

No comments: