Thursday, September 16, 2010

goodbye
seems to be one of those words
that pervades language
from tongue to tongue

everyone has a word for it
and no one really likes saying it
not at least
with its true intent
good
bye

modern lyricists and songwriters
seem to reach a point
in their careers
where a goodbye song
is inevitable

as goodbye is
in and of itself
inevitable
in life

some of the most amazing songs
surround that word
that idea

even now
as i write this
i find a new song
i have never heard

that touches the very heart of me

that word
i never want to say
especially to you

but the days will come
where part of me wishes to speak those words

don't let those days fool you
because as far as i am concerned
my brain can think all it wants
my heart will speak
even when its hard
and it continues to tell me
that it loves you
and won't ever stop

No comments: